Aurasma is an augmented reality app that lets users create their own "Auras" or augmented reality experiences.
- Aurasma- the app's name
- Aura- augmented reality experiences that consist of a trigger image and an overlay
- Trigger image- an image that is scanned with the app
- Overaly- the video, animation, or other item that plays when a trigger image is scanned
How to use Aurasma
- Download the Aurasma app in the appstore.
- Create a free aurasma account
- Scan universal trigger images. (back of $1 bill; front or back of $20 bill) These auras were created by the Aurasma company and do no require you to follow an account to view the overlay.
- Tap the triangle at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon to search for an aurasma account.
- Type the channel name into the search bar and tap search.
- When the results load look for the account.
- Tap the follow button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Navigate back to the scanning screen by taping the square at the bottom of the screen.
- Scan the provided trigger images to view the NSU pre-made auras.
Below is a list of pre-mad auras that can be viewed with the Aurasma App.
- To test the image open the aurasma app, hold your device up to the computer screen, scan the image.
- To print the image to use later, right click on the image and open it in a new tab. Print the image from the new tab.
The following images trigger "Super Auras". These auras were crated by Aurasma and do not require you to follow a channel to view them.
Click HERE for more Super Auras!
The following images trigger auras created by Dr.V's Channel. (You must be following a channel to view auras created by Aurasma users.)
How to follow a channel in aurasma:
- Open the Aurasma app
- Tap the small triangle at the bottom middle of the screen
- There should be 5 icons at the bottom of the screen. Choose the magnifying glass icon.
- Type "dr.v" into the search bar with no spaces.
- Dr. V's channel should be the first one that comes up and has the Nicholls colonels icon. Tap the channel.
- Tap the follow button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Navigate back to the "scanning" screen by taping the square in the middle of the screen at the bottom to scan the trigger images.
My Beautiful Picture
*this image can also be scanned by the ColAR app
Welcome to Nicholls State University
The Show Must Go On (Shakespeare and The Globe Theatre)
From a Seed to a Flower
Battle of Gettysburg
The Scientific Method - Skittles Experiment-1
The Scientific Method - Skittles Experiment-2
The Scientific Method - Skittles Experiment-3
The Scientific Method - Skittles Experiment-4
The Scientific Method - Skittles Experiment-5
The Scientific Method - Skittles Experiment-6
Follow the channel "Aurasma for the Classroom" to view the following auras created by Matt Holowell from Hello Social.
Scan this image and view the video then scan again and tap the aura when it appears.
Create your own Auras
In the Aurasma App
- Creating Auras within the Aurasma app is a great way to get familiar with creating.
- Auras created within the app can only be viewed on the device they are created with.
- This may be an option for you if you have a class iPad that will be used to view auras.
2. Tap the + to begin creating an aura
3. Choose an overlay from the library OR choose an overlay from your device by selecting 'device'
3. After tapping the word device, tap the + icon to add media like photos or videos from your device or take a photo or video with the camera.
4. After selecting an overly, aurasma will show you a preview of the overlay. Tap select to go on.
5. Next, Aurasma will prompt you to take a photo of the trigger image.
6. Hold you device up so that the trigger image is within the onscreen rectangle. (Tap the camera icon to take the photo)
7. Aurasma will show you a preview of the Aura. Tap the > icon to go on.
8. Name your aura and choose private" or 'public'
In Aurasma Studio
- Visit https://studio.aurasma.com/login to sign up and create your own studio account
- Auras created in Aurasma Studio can be viewed from any device following your channel.
- Creating auras in the studio are very similar to creating auras in the app
1. Upload a trigger image
2. Upload your overlay media
3. Name your aura
4. Publish your aura
Click HERE to access sample media to try creating your own auras
Click Here to access the LaCue 2014 Prezi